Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today is the day


Its finally here. I still can't believe it. I'm sitting on the couch in sweatpants (that's what they told me to wear, awesome) starving (because I am not allowed to eat, and haven't 8:00 last night) but also with butterflies in my stomach. I've already received many well wishes from friends and family and I feel so blessed. Prayers, happy thoughts, and good luck wishes are all rising. This makes me feel so much better about everything. Still, I can't shake the nerves.

I have to be at Ortho Associates at 10:45, and the procedure starts at 11:15. Until then, no food, water, gum, mints. My breakfast will be two extra strength Tylenol and a tiny sip of water (to get the pills down). Ethan is cooking bacon right now. I told him it was ok. Maybe just smelling it will satisfy me. When I get back if I feel like eating, he said he'd cook me whatever I want. I really can't think that far ahead yet.

What's waiting for me when I get home is a lot of reading:


I have also received some really nice gifts. The first is a prayer shawl from the folks at St. Mary and St. Jude on Mount Desert Island.

The other is from some of the folks I work with. My boss Norma knows how much I like British culture, so she gave me some magazines to enjoy. She also gave me a packet of New Yorker cartoons that she usually gives out every day or so. She said, one for every day that I am gone is in the envelope (and I have to be back at the office before they run out!) The little purse is hand sewn and has chocolates in it!

They made me some banana bread to take home too. How thoughtful! Its pretty yummy. It also made me realize that I am really going to miss them.

I look forward to visits, cards, and a bunch of time for relaxing. Its going to be great to know that I can just lay around and read and be lazy. I know I will have PT to go to, but that will be my only "chore" and its definitely necessary. It will give me something to look forward to. Getting outta the house! :)

So, off I go. Thanks for all of your support! I love all of you, and I look forward to being back in action and back to normal! Catch you on the other side of surgery!

xoxo