Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two weeks

Merry Christmas to me (well, a bit early, but still)! Today is the two week mark since my surgery! It is hard to believe that time has gone by so fast already. Its a pretty big milestone too- I no longer have to wear the daytime or nighttime brace! Now I just have to figure out what to do with them. I am sure they can be donated somewhere. If anyone knows a place, please let me know.

I've really been enjoying physical therapy! I can feel myself getting stronger in many ways already! Chris, my physical therapist says he's impressed with how quickly I am progressing! My range of motion is already really good. There are a whole bunch of strength and motion exercising as well as biking. I can only do 15 minutes on the bike, but its something! I've realized that I've been moving incorrectly my whole life! Now's the time for me to start moving in the right direction- literally! And a lot of the exercises are good for my right hip/leg too. I know its working because I'm sore and sweaty when I come home. It feels so good to be moving though! I'll need the crutches for an other two weeks probably, but I am allowed to start putting more weight on that leg. Progress!

Tomorrow is Christmas eve. Tonight, I hope to get some solid sleep! I've had trouble sleeping since the surgery and I've been pretty dependent on Tylenol PMs. Hopefully I will start sleeping like normal soon. Its been nice to have the mornings to sleep in though. Regardless of mild sleeplessness, I LOVE this time of year. :) Ethan's brother Isaac came home from NYC with some friends that I've met before and they came over last night with his sister Brecken. It was nice to hang out and have some drinks and some laughs. We even had a dance party- I can make crutches groove like nobody's business! Hahaha I even got to have my Christmas present from Ethan early! Its a gorgeous diamond and sapphire ring (pictures to follow soon) that I totally love. He's been so supportive and helpful and loving, I feel I owe him- though he tells me that's not the case. I am just glad to have him this Christmas. I can't really ask for anything more.

I hope you all enjoy your holidays!

Xoxo

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment